Tuesday 16 September 2008

Ning

After I did the Embellish Stitch and Enrich online workshop with Dale I joined a Ning group set up by Dale, some of the ladies from the course joined too (this group is open to anyone) and a swap was organised by Maureen in England. I received a beautiful ATC from her, unfortunately the glass petals didn't survive the journey and I am reluctant to remove the ATC from its protective sleeve for fear of causing more damage. I have to send my ATC to Jean in Devon, I have been remiss as I found it all packaged and ready to go on my desk, where it has sat for well over a month! Jean if you read this I truly am sorry and close your eyes I don't want to ruin the surprise when the envelope arrives. This was made with my embellisher the felt background was made by me and the hand stitching was done with silk embroidery thread (the first time I have ever used it and I just love the look and feel of it).


This weekend I am doing another couple of Catalyst workshops - Friday I have a Doodling with the Domestic Sewing Machine with Annie Rawle and on Sunday Felt Magic with Tanya Peters, I am looking forward to both these. Dawn is doing the felting one too so it will be good to catch up with her - though I have feeling we will be extremely busy in that one.

I have a few things to get organised before this weekend so better "jump to it". David has come down with a very heavy cold - though it didn't stop him from going to work this morning, I do hope he keeps it to himself! I don't have the time to feel sick.

No comments: