Wednesday 29 August 2007

sharing some art at last

This is something I made for Nicky's bedroom, the turquoise is actually the colour of all the other walls in the room. I do like the combo she chose. I added the bright pink buttons just to balance things out a bit and add a bit more interest. Unfortunately the system I used to stick it to the wall has failed so I will have to get some picture wire etc now. Those scotch sticky velcro things are useless, despite what they show on TV. The canvas is actually quite big and is all fabric and buttons. The canvas was from where else but The Art Shed. What I should also add was even the background was fabric, a shot silk from Textile traders as were the beads and oriental fabric.

3 comments:

Natalie B said...

Gorgeous Ev!

Ro Bruhn said...

This is lovely Eve, I like the silk fabric and the bead trim

Paper Passions said...

Very Nice! I'm loving turquoise at the moment.